[libvirt] Release of libvirt-0.8.7

Zdenek Styblik stybla at turnovfree.net
Wed Jan 5 11:12:07 UTC 2011

On 01/05/2011 11:40 AM, Justin Clift wrote:
[...]
> Cool.  I'm thinking we should these to the Downloads page in some way that makes sense.
>
> Not sure of the best approach.  Will need to think about it (open to suggestions too of course). :)

Yes, you can. Although Slackware is a bit "complicated" from my point of
view. As an example - Debian. You have PHP split into N packages each
adding feature as *SQL support, XML support etc. In Slackware, it's
whatever has been compiled into package.
SlackBuild is just script for ease of building package - other GNU/Linux
distributions have these, so I don't think I have to explain it. Anyway,
I think these might have the biggest value, if any, in case somebody
wants to modify build options/supported features.

What I'm trying to say is I'm not using everything from libvirt, but
only what I actually need. Thus eg. iSCSI and NetCF support is disabled
atm, although I wanted to look into NetCF.

On the other hand I can say I'm pleased to see Slackware pkg at web site
of any application if I want to try something fast(and curse man whom
build package for dependencies I could do without :]). Yes, it sure
could be a nice "bonus".

If there are any requirements for package on what libvirt should have
support for, let me know and I'll see what I can do about it. But I have
no idea how Debian does it with splitting everything up, nor I'm sure I
want to :)

As for 'Downloads' page ~ since this is only package, I'm not sure if it
is worth of bother at all ;) Links(information) can be found in mailing
list archives(via search engines). Dunno.

Z.

--
Zdenek Styblik
Net/Linux admin