[libvirt] announce mailing list

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Wed Jan 5 16:40:48 UTC 2011

On 01/05/2011 02:08 AM, Zdenek Styblik wrote:
> [...]

That's one of the tricks/drawbacks.  If you don't do reply-to munging
during the list nesting (and I generally dislike reply-to munging), then
that throws the burden onto the developer to choose the correct list to
reply to.  Reply-to munging might solve things (a list forwarded to the
dev list rather than sent directly there would reply back to the user
list), but I don't know if mailman is set up to provide that easily, and
it feels a bit dirty.

> Wouldn't make more sense simply to sign up for both mailing lists,
> instead of mirroring them to each other?

But here, the burden is on developers to subscribe to three lists,
rather than just one, to see all traffic.  Then again, there's few
enough developers that requiring developers to simulate the nesting by
doing multiple subscriptions, rather than automating it at the list
level, might not be too bad after all.  And in fact, that's the status
quo for how the lists are set up today.