[libvirt] l10n/i18n ~ po files and their cycle

Zdenek Styblik stybla at turnovfree.net
Wed Jan 26 12:54:13 UTC 2011

On 01/26/2011 01:44 PM, Justin Clift wrote:
> On 26/01/2011, at 11:28 PM, Zdenek Styblik wrote:
>> On 01/26/2011 08:13 AM, Zdenek Styblik wrote:
>> [...]
>> [...]
>>
>> Could you please tell me how to push updates there?
>> Do I just clone git, edit, commit?
>
> Sorry for the complete lack of nicely written instructions. :(

Doh! I blame nobody. I've pushed Czech translations up to 1201 which is
going to place Czech before Germany \o/
I just didn't want to waste time looking around, because I have to sync
.po file from libvirt git with the one at fedoraproj(btw cs.po in
libvirt is way off).
Yeah, I've asked to gain some time, because I'm on tide schedule
today(we are going to play football in the evening, yay!) :)

> In the meantime though, the main Transifex project site itself has what looks
> to be the info you're after:
>
>   http://help.transifex.net/user-guide/getting-started.html

Alrighty. Probably thanks (?)

> Maybe read the Overview paragraphs there, then skip to the "Translating"
> paragraphs after it?
>
> It seems to indicate there's an online web editor called "Lotte" that could
> be used, or you can use desktop .po file editing tools.  Checking in and
> checking out the translation files seems to go through the URL that
> Matthias gave above, rather than the normal libvirt git repos.

Please, no web tools. I'm not up LWP magic today :)
As I've noted couple lines before, I already have edited .po file and
now, I want to commit it back to fedoraproj. But I have no idea how.
Git repo is said to be open for commits, but I'm unsure. And it used to
be valid - better ask than screw up ;)

Z.

--
Zdenek Styblik