[libvirt] l10n/i18n ~ po files and their cycle

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Wed Jan 26 13:12:57 UTC 2011

On 26/01/2011, at 11:54 PM, Zdenek Styblik wrote:
<snip>
> Please, no web tools. I'm not up LWP magic today :)
> As I've noted couple lines before, I already have edited .po file and
> now, I want to commit it back to fedoraproj. But I have no idea how.
> Git repo is said to be open for commits, but I'm unsure. And it used to
> be valid - better ask than screw up ;)

Heh.  Ok, I've just been experimenting and think I've got it figured out.

(Sorry, but there's a bit of web interface stuff initially.)

1st step:  Create a "Fedora Project" account:

  https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/
  (New Account, etc)

2nd step:  Sign in to the libvirt transifex project

  https://translate.fedoraproject.org/projects/p/libvirt/

  It uses the just created Fedora Project account

3rd step: "Request to be a translator"

  Once you've signed in with step 3, there's a button under the
  "Translation files" heading that says something like "Request to
  become a translator".  Press that.

  (this is where I'm personally up to, mine now says "Your request is
   pending for approval.")

4th step: I think this is where you "lock" a language for translation

  Czech in your case.  It lets you download a .po file (which you're
  already past), and then I think it lets you upload the changed version.

This "upload the changed version" is what I think you're after. :)

+ Justin