[libvirt] "make rpm" failing with git head on RHEL6

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Wed Nov 9 12:12:51 UTC 2011

On 09/11/2011, at 6:22 PM, Wen Congyang wrote:
<snip>
>> To clarify, systemtap-sdt-devel is already installed.  Doing a brand new autogen.sh, then
>> compiling normally with:
>
> I find the following messages from autogen.sh's output:
> running CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/sh /bin/sh ./configure --with-dtrace=no --no-create --no-recursion
>
> You have disabled dtrace, so make -j 3 does not fail.
>
> Please run ./configure again, and check whether dtrace is enabled.

Thanks, well spotted! :)

Looks like I needed to run "make distclean" first, to get rid of old preferences.

Things worked fine after that (both normal make, and make rpm).

On another note, Eric, do you reckon it's possible to add the XHTML1 DTDs to maintainer
requirements?

Without them, generation of the html docs fails at the validation stage.

i.e. for make rpm:

  missing XHTML1 DTD
  missing XHTML1 DTD
  cp: cannot stat `./api.html': No such file or directory
  make[2]: *** [distdir] Error 1
  rm news.html.tmp goals.html.tmp archnetwork.html.tmp formatsecret.html.tmp drvopenvz.html.tmp windows.html.tmp testtck.html.tmp drvlxc.html.tmp apps.html.tmp docs.html.tmp formatstorageencryption.html.tmp drvvbox.html.tmp formatdomain.html.tmp php.html.tmp drvhyperv.html.tmp errors.html.tmp hacking.html.tmp format.html.tmp hooks.html.tmp api.html.tmp storage.html.tmp formatcaps.html.tmp relatedlinks.html.tmp compiling.html.tmp index.html.tmp archdomain.html.tmp downloads.html.tmp auth.html.tmp archnode.html.tmp hvsupport.html.tmp bugs.html.tmp java.html.tmp locking.html.tmp logging.html.tmp testapi.html.tmp formatnetwork.html.tmp bindings.html.tmp uri.html.tmp drvtest.html.tmp sitemap.html.tmp drvqemu.html.tmp contact.html.tmp formatnwfilter.html.tmp intro.html.tmp drvxen.html.tmp drvesx.html.tmp drvvmware.html.tmp testsuites.html.tmp devguide.html.tmp firewall.html.tmp architecture.html.tmp migration.html.tmp todo.html.tmp formatsnapshot.html.tmp formatstorage.html.tmp internals.html.tmp deployment.html.tmp api_extension.html.tmp drvuml.html.tmp virshcmdref.html.tmp csharp.html.tmp python.html.tmp drvremote.html.tmp archstorage.html.tmp remote.html.tmp drivers.html.tmp formatnode.html.tmp
  make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/jc/git_repos/libvirt/docs'
  make[1]: *** [distdir] Error 1
  make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jc/git_repos/libvirt'
  make: *** [rpm] Error 2

In Fedora/RHEL it's the "xhtml1-dtds" (noarch) package.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--
Aeolus Community Manager