[libvirt] [FYI] Skript to extract qcow2 snapshot info to libvirt snapshot xml

Philipp Hahn hahn at univention.de
Thu Oct 20 06:50:35 UTC 2011

Hello,

I sometimes get foreign qcow2 images with embedded snapshots. Without the
corresponding XML files libvirt doesn't recognize them. Therefor I created
the attached script to fake-create the missing snapshot XML files.
Be advised that the XML files might not work in all cases, especially when the
configuration was changed between snapshots, but at least I prefer a solution
working 95% of the times instead of 0% ;-)
And since I already wrote it, others might find it useful as well.

Sincerely
Philipp Hahn

PS: An a drink of their reasonable choosing to the first one writing a
qemu-img version printing (shell-)parsable output :-(
--
Philipp Hahn           Open Source Software Engineer      hahn at univention.de
Univention GmbH        Linux for Your Business        fon: +49 421 22 232- 0