[libvirt] Linker error (virStorageFileResize) while compiling latest libvirt git source

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Wed Feb 1 21:16:31 UTC 2012

On 02/01/2012 12:00 PM, Deepak C Shetty wrote:
> On 02/01/2012 10:05 PM, Laine Stump wrote:
>> On 02/01/2012 11:01 AM, Deepak C Shetty wrote:
>>> Requesting zheeshan to look, as this API was added recently by him,
>>> as i see on the list...
>>
>> jdenemar just pushed a fix.
>>

> Do you mean the 'bogus warning about the uninit variable' fix, it does
> not fix the ld 'undefined reference' error
> i just git pull'ed and did make, it still fails as below.

Ah, I saw the warning (which ends up being an error for me) and stopped
looking.

Both of those are because new patches for the first time are calling
functions that were previously defined, but not being called. When those
functions were initially created, they weren't added to
libvirt_private.syms, and later when they were finally used, the
reviewer (me) didn't think to look for the entry in libvirt_private.syms
because the functions already existed (and of course make check worked
for me because I don't build with loadable modules).

I just pushed build-breaker patches for both errors.