[libvirt] test failures with -Bsymbolic-functions on Ubuntu

Claudio Bley cbley at av-test.de
Mon Oct 21 15:18:45 UTC 2013

Hi.

I'm trying to build an Ubuntu package of the latest liberty release in
order to deploy it on a few different machines.

Unfortunately, 1 of the 93 tests failed:

TEST: virnetserverclienttest
      libvirt:  error : An error occurred, but the cause is unknown
!                                        1   FAIL
FAIL: virnetserverclienttest

Apparently, Ubuntu is passing the -Bsymbolic-functions flag to the
linker which causes the pre-loading and mocking of the
virEventAddTimeout function of libvirt.so to fail.

Other tests print error messages as well, but they won't fail.

Now, I'm wondering whether there is a way to prevent passing the
-Bsymbolic-functions flag to the linker when compiling the library,
but force re-linking using this flag when installing using libtool?

I'd appreciate any other ideas as well of course. Thanks!

Claudio
--
AV-Test GmbH, Henricistraße 20, 04155 Leipzig, Germany
Phone: +49 341 265 310 19

Eingetragen am / Registered at: Amtsgericht Stendal (HRB 114076)
Geschaeftsfuehrer (CEO): Andreas Marx, Guido Habicht, Maik Morgenstern