[libvirt] [v11 0/6] Write separate module for hostdev passthrough

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Fri Jan 24 13:17:02 UTC 2014

On 01/24/2014 07:33 AM, Jim Fehlig wrote:
> Chunyan Liu wrote:
>> These patches implements a separate module for hostdev passthrough so that it
>> could be shared by different drivers and can maintain a global state of a host
>> device.
>>
>> patch 1/6: extract hostdev passthrough function from qemu_hostdev.c and make it
>> reusable by multiple drivers.
>> patch 2/6: add a unit test for hostdev common library.
>> patch 3/6: switch qemu driver to use the common library instead of its own
>> hostdev passthrough APIs.
>> patch 4/6: switch lxc driver to use the common library instead of its own
>> hostdev passthrough APIs.
>> patch 5/6: add a hostdev pci backend type for xen usage.
>> patch 6/6: add pci passthrough to libxl driver.
>>
> Thanks for addressing my comments from V10.  Any objections to applying
> this series now?  hostdev passthrough is long overdue in the libxl
> driver :).

Since this is replacing the existing pci passthrough code in both the
lxc and qemu drivers, I think we need both a line-for line comparison
and some real test time. I can do the code audit and some amount of
testing for qemu, but may be out of commission for the next 3 days. I'm
not sure about lxc. I also agree that we really need to get this in,
just so we can stop worrying about missing bugfixes that have been put
into the qemu hostdev code.