[libvirt] [patch v3 2/2] add inotify handler to qemu driver

chen.fan.fnst at cn.fujitsu.com chen.fan.fnst at cn.fujitsu.com
Thu May 22 02:07:32 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-05-15 at 11:25 +0200, Jiri Denemark wrote:
> On Wed, May 07, 2014 at 18:11:50 +0800, Chen Fan wrote:
> > we don't expect to reload 'migrate_uri' with restarting libvirtd everytime while
> > updating the URI, so adding inotify handler to reload 'migrate_uri' configuration
> > without restarting libvirtd, it will be also helpful for virt-manager to get
> > 'migrate_uri'.
>
> NACK, if we ever want configuration to be automatically reloaded when
> configuration file changes (which I seriously doubt, SIGHUP is the
> standard way of reloading configuration files), we certainly would not
> want to do it this hacky way and only for one specific option. Not to
> mention that the content of virQEMUDriverConfig must not change, a
> completely new structure has to be created with the changed values.

Hi Jiri,
    thanks for reminding me, actually, I knew the virQEMUDriverConfig
without lock protect to reload is wrong. except that I think there are
some options in virQEMUDriverConfig can be reloaded. as you said, If
we want to reload them, Do we must create a new structure to save the
changes, then we must use 'lock' to make code thread safe and override
the qemuDriverCfg values everywhere while we use them. right?
or are there any other ideas?

Thanks,
Chen