[libvirt] Entering freeze for libvirt-1.2.19

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Fri Aug 28 04:25:01 UTC 2015

On 27.08.2015 11:41, Martin Kletzander wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 09:52:53AM +0800, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>>
>>   So I have tagged rc1 in git and pushed signed tarball and rpms to
>> the usual place:
>>  ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/
>>
>> The release works just fine in my limited testing, but others should
>> try it out to check portability and more advanced functionalities.
>>
>> I will likely push rc2 at the end of the week-end and the final release
>> on Tuesday or Wednesday, assuming no big issue is raised in the meantime.
>>
>>  thanks for giving it a try.
>>  I also note that we have some CI test failing, not for core libvirt
>> but perl bindings, virt-manager, ... it would be good to investigate
>> before
>> we push the release:
>>  https://ci.centos.org/view/libvirt-project/
>>

> Having a quick look it seems there's still the rename API missing in
> libvirt-python and that's why all the stuff on top of python is
> failing.  I'll see what I can do, even though I'm out till end of the
> week.

I don't know what you mean. I can see this in build/libvirt.py after I build libvirt-python:

class virDomain(object):
    def __init__(self, conn, _obj=None):
        self._conn = conn
        self._o = _obj

    def rename(self, new_name, flags=0):
        """Rename a domain. New domain name is specified in the second
        argument. Depending on each driver implementation it may be
        required that domain is in a specific state.

        There might be some attributes and/or elements in domain XML that if no
        value provided at XML defining time, libvirt will derive their value from
        the domain name. These are not updated by this API. Users are strongly
        advised to change these after the rename was successful. """
        ret = libvirtmod.virDomainRename(self._o, new_name, flags)
        if ret == -1: raise libvirtError ('virDomainRename() failed', dom=self)
        return ret

What's failing anyway?

Michal