[libvirt] Entering freeze for libvirt-1.2.19

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Fri Aug 28 06:20:22 UTC 2015

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 06:25:01AM +0200, Michal Privoznik wrote:
>On 27.08.2015 11:41, Martin Kletzander wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 09:52:53AM +0800, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>>>
>>>   So I have tagged rc1 in git and pushed signed tarball and rpms to
>>> the usual place:
>>>  ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/
>>>
>>> The release works just fine in my limited testing, but others should
>>> try it out to check portability and more advanced functionalities.
>>>
>>> I will likely push rc2 at the end of the week-end and the final release
>>> on Tuesday or Wednesday, assuming no big issue is raised in the meantime.
>>>
>>>  thanks for giving it a try.
>>>  I also note that we have some CI test failing, not for core libvirt
>>> but perl bindings, virt-manager, ... it would be good to investigate
>>> before
>>> we push the release:
>>>  https://ci.centos.org/view/libvirt-project/
>>>

>> Having a quick look it seems there's still the rename API missing in
>> libvirt-python and that's why all the stuff on top of python is
>> failing.  I'll see what I can do, even though I'm out till end of the
>> week.
>
>I don't know what you mean. I can see this in build/libvirt.py after I build libvirt-python:

Sorry for that, I based that solely on the CI which seems broken
because it works for me.  And not that it only works for me, I also
already tried using the rename API in python myself and it was
successful.  Sorry for the noise then.

Anyway, some things in the CI are still weirdly broken, and I don't
know if it's all related to the CI settings or not.  But it might not
be limiting for us.

Martin