[libvirt] centos6.5 virsh list hang and libvirtd can not restart

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Tue Dec 22 22:52:04 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 11:03:00AM +0800, 王李明 wrote:
>hi all:
>
>         my environment is centos6.5
>
>libvirt version is 1.2.14-1
>
>qemu version is 1.7.0-1
>

>I use openstack create a  windows guest
>
>about two days later I run virsh list but the the process is hang
>
>virsh list can not return any thing
>
>it hang
>

>then I run  /etc/init.d/libvirtd restart
>
>it show libivrtd stop faild and start failed
>

>I run /etc/init.d/libvirtd status it show libvired dead but subsys locked
>

>who can help me ?

Connect to the libvirtd that's running with gdb using 'gdb libvirtd
$(pidof libvirtd)' and then dump the full stacktrace of all threads
using 't a a bt f' (or 'thread apply all backtrace full' if you like to
type).  Paste the output to the reply to this mail and someone might see
what the problem is.

Martin