[libvirt] cloud-init integration

Vasiliy Tolstov v.tolstov at selfip.ru
Fri Jun 19 10:59:50 UTC 2015

> if that has been discussed before, please point me to it. I have not
> been able to find anything about it.
>
> It would be great to easily generate and cd-attach cloud-init isos when
> starting a vm. The config files could be taken from the file system
> (e.g. %sysconfdir/cloud-init/host-name) and put into an iso. when the
> host stops the generated iso should be removed.
>
> What do you think? If that's a worthwhile cause, I would be glad to
> start to implement it, if pointers are given. My C i a little rusty
> unfortunately.
>
> Thank you for your consideration,
>  Tobias Florek

I simple write daemon for this purpose. It listens for events from
netlink about creating tap devices, loookup domain from libvirt and
get domain metadata.
After that get from metadata ipv4, ipv6 addresses and provide dhcp and
ipv6 slaac service for vm, also it listens for http requests to
169.254.169.254 and provide cloud-config data for cloud-init.
Generate iso not very hard if you really need it.

--
Vasiliy Tolstov,
e-mail: v.tolstov at selfip.ru