[libvirt] libvirt proxy

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Fri Jun 19 11:55:20 UTC 2015

On 18.06.2015 00:55, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
> Hello. I need libvirt proxy, but not simple proxy connection, but
> something like dedicated libvirt server, that can modify requests or
> doing something based on incoming request.
> I'm use go for this, i'm already parse xdr data, but i'm stuck at
> payload. Where i can find payloads examples or how can i determine
> needed payload for specific procedure ? (now i'm use wireshark with
> libvirt dissector).
> I don't need to provide all libvirt functions, now i need very basic
> sets like open/close, list, create , destroy domains..

As Dan says, I too discourage you from doing this. But if you really
need to dig into RPC, then:

1) payload is just function arguments serialized. In general, two
functions have different set of arguments, and therefore different payloads.

2) The (de-)serializers are generated from .x files, e.g.
src/remote/remote_protocol.x

3) There's a wireshark plugin under tools/wireshark/, you may want to
check it out. But it's mainly for developers - to see the data passed
through RPC tube.

Michal