[libvirt] GSOC 2015: Libvirt Projects

Richa Sehgal richasehgal2908 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 00:03:14 UTC 2015

Dear Mentors,

I am currently pursuing Master's in University of Illinois at Urbana
Champaign, USA and completed by B.Tech from Indian Institute of Technology
- Delhi (IIT- Delhi).

I am interested in contributing to Libvirt community through GSOC 2015. I
am using VirtualBox to run Ubuntu and have used VMware Player in the past.
Actually I am very interested in understanding virtualization at a more
practical level and do not want to limit myself to theoretical knowledge. I
have played with QEMU during the OS class, but I am new to Libvirt, and
thus would like to start with beginner level projects. There are two that I
found:

1. Enhancing libvirt-designer
2. Abstracting device address allocation

Are these projects still open, or students have already applied to them?
Are there any other projects that I can start with? I am really excited
about contributing to the libvirt project. Please let me know of a suitable
way of starting with these. I look forward for a useful engagement with the
community this summer. My irc name is: richashi.

Thanks
Richa