[libvirt] GSOC 2015: Libvirt Projects

Stefan Hajnoczi stefanha at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 09:27:46 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 12:03 AM, Richa Sehgal
<richasehgal2908 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am currently pursuing Master's in University of Illinois at Urbana
> Champaign, USA and completed by B.Tech from Indian Institute of Technology -
> Delhi (IIT- Delhi).
>
> I am interested in contributing to Libvirt community through GSOC 2015. I am
> using VirtualBox to run Ubuntu and have used VMware Player in the past.
> Actually I am very interested in understanding virtualization at a more
> practical level and do not want to limit myself to theoretical knowledge. I
> have played with QEMU during the OS class, but I am new to Libvirt, and thus
> would like to start with beginner level projects. There are two that I
> found:
>
> 1. Enhancing libvirt-designer
> 2. Abstracting device address allocation
>
> Are these projects still open, or students have already applied to them? Are
> there any other projects that I can start with? I am really excited about
> contributing to the libvirt project. Please let me know of a suitable way of
> starting with these. I look forward for a useful engagement with the
> community this summer. My irc name is: richashi.

Hi,
I have CCed the libvirt GSoC mentors in case you haven't contacted
them directly yet.

All project ideas are open until the student application deadline on
March 27th.  You need to have the right skills for the project whether
or not there are other candidates applying, so I suggest focussing on
the project ideas that most interest you.

Good luck!

Stefan