[libvirt] Redesigning Libvirt: Adopting use of a safe language

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Thu Nov 23 10:32:26 UTC 2017

This might be more tricky than one would initially think. What about
tests for instance? In our test suite we rely heavily on mocking. For
instance, virpcitest uses virpcimock which reimplements kernel behaviour
for detach/attach of PCI devices. Would it be possible to have that with
a Go program? Okay, virpcimock might not be the best example since it
mocks plain syscalls (open, close, ...). But then there are some tests
which mock more high level functions - e.g. qemuxml2argvmock.

On the other hand, some tests would not be needed at all - e.g.
virhashtest - assuming Go has its own implementation of hash tables that
we'd use.

Michal