[libvirt] [RFC] libvirt hexagon sticker design

Cedric Bosdonnat cbosdonnat at suse.com
Mon Feb 26 08:23:17 UTC 2018

Hi Erik,

On Mon, 2018-02-19 at 09:44 +0100, Erik Skultety wrote:
> Hi folks,
> those who attended at least one conference for the past year have probably
> noticed the rising trend (more like "sticker hype") of FOSS projects giving away
> these hexagon stickers, it's very inexpensive way of making some promo for
> their project and since we don't do many promos (AFAIK none to be precise) I
> guess as a project that's been going strong for 12 years already we should
> probably start somewhere, even baby steps count (as it turns out in this case -
> - literally...). So, I've taken our libvirt-publican repo and came up with a
> few various color combinations for libvirt hexagon sticker design. Below you
> can find links to my personal google drive (these are hexagon meshes, I can,
> or anyone can for that matter, isolate individual designs and send them as
> separate patches on demand), since each of the SVGs is over 1.5MB and I'd easily
> run into message size limits for the mailing list, had I gone with sending these
> as patches against libvirt-publican.

Haven't seen that many hexagon stickers at the last Google mentor summit, but
generally speaking I agree that we need some sort of sticker (whatever shape it has).
I like the design of the link [2], may be more the dark fill and light (not white)
border, but may be we should gather those into a poll somehow.

--
Cedric