Moving project infrastructure / services to GitLab

Erik Skultety eskultet at redhat.com
Mon Mar 2 16:09:28 UTC 2020

Apart from the WebUI-based review process which is rather painful (but I guess
anything is better than gerrit for that matter) and non-existent threading
within discussion topics, I agree to all the points, as having a nice SaaS
platform alleviating us from much of the maintenance burden is the way to go.

>  6. Use gitlab.com CI as primary post-merge build and test platform
>
>     Red Hat has recently provided libvirt significant resource on both an
>     OpenStack and OpenShift, to serve as CI runners for libvirt, as we see
>     fit.
>
>     We can initially use the shared runners for all Linux testing and provide
>     our own docker containers as the environment.

So, I guess I can start installing the gitlab runner into the CentOS 8 machine
I have in RHOS to start with, since I'm afraid I won't get an answer to my
request on opening a channel to external runners any time soon and seeing
gitlab has this already resolved gives me a bit of my lost hope back.

Erik