How do we specify disk device names for non-Linux VMs in XML?

Motohiro Kawahito JL25131 at jp.ibm.com
Fri Jul 16 01:53:54 UTC 2021

The XML parser (or verifier) in libvirt seems to support only Linux device
names for a disk, such as hda, sda and vda.
Can anyone let us know how libvirt supports disk device names for
non-Linux VMs?
We are developing a new hypervisor driver for a non-Linux VM, which uses a
different device naming convention from Linux, something like 0A80. 0A81,
0A82.
Thank you so much.

Motohiro Kawahito, Commercial Systems, IBM Research - Tokyo
19-21 Nihonbashi, Hakozaki-cho Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-8510, Japan