Test failures on macOS 12

Andrea Bolognani abologna at redhat.com
Fri May 6 10:00:14 UTC 2022

I'm trying to enable CI coverage for macOS 12, but I'm running into a
couple of issues that I'm not sure how to handle.

Note that the test suite currently passes on macOS 11[1], so these
failures have to be a consequence to changes made to macOS that we
haven't yet learned how to cope with.

The first one is in vircryptotest:

  Encrypt aes265cbc ... Expected ciphertext doesn't match

I've added some debug statements and it looks like the generated data
is different every time, which seems like a pretty good indication
that virrandommock is not being picked up correctly. This is not the
only test program that uses that specific mock though, so I'm not
sure what makes it fail when all the others are succeeding.

The other issue is in qemuxml2argvtest:

  error : virCommandWait:2752 : internal error: Child process
    (/usr/libexec/qemu/vhost-user/test-vhost-user-gpu --print-capabilities)
    unexpected fatal signal 6: dyld[8896]: symbol not found in flat
    namespace '_virQEMUCapsGet'
  error : qemuVhostUserFillDomainGPU:394 : operation failed: Unable to
    find a satisfying vhost-user-gpu

So the various virFileWrapperAddPrefix() calls that cause the
contents of tests/qemuvhostuserdata/ to override the host's own
vhostuser configuration are still effective, but for some reason the
trivial test-vhost-user-gpu shell script can't be run successfully
because an internal libvirt symbol can't be found somehow? Confusing.

Roman, does any of this ring a bell? Any chance you could
investigate? macOS 12 has been out for a while now so I'd be very
keen to have it added to CI.

Thanks in advance!

[1] https://gitlab.com/libvirt/libvirt/-/jobs/2421455154