[Libvirt-cim] Best practices for patchsets

Heidi Eckhart heidieck at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Nov 28 09:57:51 UTC 2007

Dan Smith wrote:
> JG> I figured this one would be the most likely to generate
> JG> discussion.  I took a couple of stabs at the right suffix while I
> JG> was writing this, then just decided to go with something and let
> JG> everyone throw ideas out.  Maybe we could go with something more
> JG> succinct like just "#x".  So "AllocationCapabilities EnumInstance"
> JG> followed by "AllocationCapabilities EnumInstance #2" sort of
> JG> thing.
>
> Sure.  I'd prefer a shorter prefix, so just " #x" is fine with me.
Agreed, a short prefix is a very good eye catcher. I'd prefer to have
the prefix at the beginning of the message. The subjects are sometimes
that long, that they are not completely shown in the email client's
preview pane.

--
Regards

Heidi Eckhart
Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - Open Hypervisor

heidieck at linux.vnet.ibm.com

IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Herbert Kircher
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Boeblingen