[Libvirt-cim] Build error on with the librvirt-cim provider

Deepti B Kalakeri deeptik at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Aug 29 05:10:09 UTC 2008

Hi,

I notice the following errors for postinstall with the new libvirt-cim
providers:

1)

    device_parsing.c: In function '_change_device':
    device_parsing.c:943: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer
    type
    device_parsing.c:945: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer
    type
    make[3]: *** [device_parsing.lo] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/deepti/libvirt-cim/libxkutil'
    make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/deepti/libvirt-cim/libxkutil'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/deepti/libvirt-cim'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

    I continue to see the above errors, and I use --diable-werror to
    supress this. When can we expect this to be resolved?

2)

    Registering providers with active cimserver
    Warning: CIMMethod MigrateVirtualSystemToHost already exists for
    CIMClass CIM_VirtualSystemMigrationService
    Parsing error: parse error: Error adding an instance:
    CIM_ERR_FAILED: A provider is already registered for the specified
    capability.
    make: *** [postinstall] Error 250

    The above error according to me was beacuse there were two enteries
    with the MigrateVirtualSystemToHost() function name in the mof file.
          uint32 MigrateVirtualSystemToHost(
                 [In]
                   CIM_ComputerSystem REF ComputerSystem,
                 [In]
                   string DestinationHost,
                 [In, EmbeddedInstance("CIM_SettingData")]
                   string MigrationSettingData,
                 [In, EmbeddedInstance("CIM_VirtualSystemSettingData")]
                   string NewSystemSettingData,
                 [In, EmbeddedInstance("CIM_ResourceAllocationSettingData")]
                   string NewResourceSettingData[],
                 [Out]
                   CIM_ConcreteJob REF Job
          );

          uint32 MigrateVirtualSystemToHost(
                 [In]
                   CIM_ComputerSystem REF ComputerSystem,
                 [In]
                   CIM_System REF DestinationSystem,
                 [In, EmbeddedInstance("CIM_SettingData")]
                   string MigrationSettingData,
                 [In, EmbeddedInstance("CIM_VirtualSystemSettingData")]
                   string NewSystemSettingData,
                 [In, EmbeddedInstance("CIM_ResourceAllocationSettingData")]
                   string NewResourceSettingData[],
                 [Out]
                   CIM_ConcreteJob REF Job
          );

    I verified this with the Virt_VSMigrationService.c file and I
    thought that the second MigrateVirtualSystemToHost() function
    should  have been MigrateVirtualSystemToSystem(), and after making
    the changes the above error was resolved.

    Apart from this I see one last error at the end of postinstall. I
    used to see this error long back, which was not seen for sometime. I
    have not checked how I can fix this.

    Registering providers with active cimserver
    Parsing error: parse error: Error adding an instance:
    CIM_ERR_FAILED: A provider is already registered for the specified
    capability.
    make: *** [postinstall] Error 250

   One more thing, Since the postinstall was not successful the
RegisteredProfile , ElementConformsToProfile and ReferencedProfile were
not registered and hence lots of tc failed.I registered these manually
and they worked fine.

Thanks and Regards,
Deepti.