[Libvirt-cim] Build error on with the librvirt-cim provider

Dan Smith danms at us.ibm.com
Fri Aug 29 13:43:07 UTC 2008

DK>    device_parsing.c: In function '_change_device':
DK>    device_parsing.c:943: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer
DK>    type
DK>    device_parsing.c:945: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer
DK>    type
DK>    make[3]: *** [device_parsing.lo] Error 1
DK>    make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/deepti/libvirt-cim/libxkutil'
DK>    make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
DK>    make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/deepti/libvirt-cim/libxkutil'
DK>    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
DK>    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/deepti/libvirt-cim'
DK>    make: *** [all] Error 2

DK>    I continue to see the above errors, and I use --diable-werror to
DK>    supress this. When can we expect this to be resolved?

You're on RHEL5.2ish, right?  The libvirt-0.3.3 in RHEL has been patched
to fix a bug, but the version number was not updated.  In the code, we
alter our expected definition of a libvirt function based on the version
number to avoid this warning.  However, this will always fail on RHEL
5.2.  Just use --disable-werror when working on systems with a patched
libvirt-0.3.3.

DK>    The above error according to me was beacuse there were two enteries
DK>    with the MigrateVirtualSystemToHost() function name in the mof file.

Ah yes, I noticed this the other day, but forgot to fix it.  This is
definitely a problem, but I'm confused about why it is fatal for you.  I
get a warning, but the registration process proceeds.

DK>    Registering providers with active cimserver Parsing error: parse
DK>    error: Error adding an instance: CIM_ERR_FAILED: A provider is
DK>    already registered for the specified capability.  make: ***
DK>    [postinstall] Error 250

This may be caused by some cruft in your repository.  You might try
nuking our namespace and trying again.  To do that, do something like:

  rm -Rf /usr/lib64/Pegasus/repository/root\#virt

--
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center
email: danms at us.ibm.com