[Libvirt-cim] on the LXC_SettingsDefineCapabilities association

Guo Lian Yun yunguol at cn.ibm.com
Thu Jun 5 05:07:29 UTC 2008

Kaitlin,

Containers currently only really support memory and disk pools.

I'm not sure if the unsupported error make sense below.

[root at nine cimtest]# wbemcli ain -ac LXC_SettingsDefineCapabilities
http://root:password@localhost/root/virt:LXC_AllocationCapabilities.InstanceID="NetworkPool/default"
*
* wbemcli: Cim: (7) CIM_ERR_NOT_SUPPORTED: Unsupported hypervisor: ';LXC';
*

Actually, I get all types of instance list by ein querying.

[root at nine cimtest]# wbemcli ein
http://root:password@localhost/root/virt:LXC_AllocationCapabilities
localhost:5988/root/virt:LXC_AllocationCapabilities.InstanceID="ProcessorPool/0"
localhost:5988/root/virt:LXC_AllocationCapabilities.InstanceID="MemoryPool/0"
localhost:5988/root/virt:LXC_AllocationCapabilities.InstanceID="NetworkPool/default"
localhost:5988/root/virt:LXC_AllocationCapabilities.InstanceID="DiskPool/testpool"

Best,
Regards

Daisy (运国莲)
VSM Team, China Systems & Technology Labs (CSTL)
E-mail: yunguol at cn.ibm.com
TEL: (86)-21-60922144
Building 10, 399 Ke Yuan Rd, Pudong Shanghai, 201203