[Libvirt-cim] on the LXC_SettingsDefineCapabilities association

Dan Smith danms at us.ibm.com
Thu Jun 5 20:07:52 UTC 2008

GY> Containers currently only really support memory and disk pools.

Well, actually only memory and network at this point.  I'm not sure
how to handle disk pools at the moment, since containers handle things
differently than the other platforms.

GY> I'm not sure if the unsupported error make sense below.

GY> [root at nine cimtest]# wbemcli ain -ac LXC_SettingsDefineCapabilities http://
GY> root:password at localhost/root/virt:LXC_AllocationCapabilities.InstanceID=
GY> "NetworkPool/default"
GY> *
GY> * wbemcli: Cim: (7) CIM_ERR_NOT_SUPPORTED: Unsupported hypervisor: ';LXC';
GY> *

NetworkPool should be supportable, so I can look into that.

GY> Actually, I get all types of instance list by ein querying.

GY> [root at nine cimtest]# wbemcli ein http://root:password@localhost/root/
GY> virt:LXC_AllocationCapabilities
GY> localhost:5988/root/virt:LXC_AllocationCapabilities.InstanceID="ProcessorPool/
GY> 0"
GY> localhost:5988/root/virt:LXC_AllocationCapabilities.InstanceID="MemoryPool/0"
GY> localhost:5988/root/virt:LXC_AllocationCapabilities.InstanceID="NetworkPool/
GY> default"
GY> localhost:5988/root/virt:LXC_AllocationCapabilities.InstanceID="DiskPool/
GY> testpool"

Yeah, we should probably trim DiskPool out of here at some point,
depending on what we decide to do.  We should have Memory and Network
working now (meaning, it *should* work, but doesn't).  Processor
should come in the next month or so.

--
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center