[Libvirt-cim] Questions about Libvirt-CIM classes and Cimtest items

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Nov 13 16:20:24 UTC 2008

Toshifumi Fujimura wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for a creating wiki page.
> I have three questions about this wiki page.
> I would appreciate if you answer the questions.

Thanks for catching these items!  I created the wiki page rather quickly
yesterday - I have a few errors on it.

> (1)The class "AllocationCapabilities" exists on Libvirt-CIM(revision: 738).
> But it doesn't in this wiki page.
> Is this forgotten?

Yes, I missed this one.  It's on the wiki page now.

> (2)The test directory "VirtualSystemSettingDataComponent" exists on
> Cimtest(revision: 488).
> But from this wiki, it is not used as the test of class
> "VirtualSystemSettingDataComponent".
> Is this forgotten?

This directory is used for the VirtualSystemSettingDataComponent class.
  The VirtualSystemSettingDataComponent class originally said
VirtualSystemSnapshotServiceCapabilities, which is a typo.

The wiki is updated with the proper class.

> (3)
>  From "DSP1059" spec,it seems that some classes don't define on DSP1059.
> For example,"ConcreteComponent", "DiskPool", "DisplayController",
> "ElementAllocatedFromPool"...
> But these classes define in this wiki page.

ConcreteComponent - this is shown in the diagram on page 10 in DSP1059
(GDRVP).  It's also mentioned in DSP1042 (SVP) and DSP1041
(ResourceAllocationProfile).  We don't advertise DSP1041, although we
probably should.  The class is discussed in detail in DSP1041.

DiskPool - this is a subclass of ResourcePool.  ResourcePool is
mentioned in DSP1059, DSP1042, and DSP1041.

DisplayController - this is a subclass of LogicalDevice.  LogicalDevice
is in the diagram on page 10 in DSP1059.  It's also mentioned in DSP1042
  and DSP1041.  The class is discussed in detail in DSP1041.

ElementAllocatedFromPool - is in the diagram on page 10 in DSP1059.
It's also mentioned in DSP1042  and DSP1041.  The class is discussed in
detail in DSP1041.

Two things should probably be done:
  1) Update the RegisteredProfile provider to include DSP1041.
  2) Update the wiki to include which profiles the class is mentioned in
and which profile describes the class in detail

> And in the same, from "DSP1042" spec, it seems that some classes don't
> define on DSP1042.
> For exmaple, "ComputerSystemIndication",
> "EnabledLogicalElementCapabilities",
> "HostSystem" and "SettingsDefineCapabilities".
> But these classes define in this wiki page.
>
> Why?

For these, this is a similar issue - these classes are referenced in
multiple profiles. I'll see if I can fix this up today so that the table
is a little more clear.

--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center