[Libvirt-cim] Questions about Libvirt-CIM classes and Cimtest items

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Nov 13 17:42:25 UTC 2008

  > Two things should probably be done:
>  1) Update the RegisteredProfile provider to include DSP1041.
>  2) Update the wiki to include which profiles the class is mentioned in
> and which profile describes the class in detail

Updated the wiki with a little more profile info.

>> And in the same, from "DSP1042" spec, it seems that some classes don't
>> define on DSP1042.
>> For exmaple, "ComputerSystemIndication",
>> "EnabledLogicalElementCapabilities",
>> "HostSystem" and "SettingsDefineCapabilities".
>> But these classes define in this wiki page.
>>
>> Why?
>
> For these, this is a similar issue - these classes are referenced in
> multiple profiles. I'll see if I can fix this up today so that the table
> is a little more clear.

I forgot to mention - HostSystem is a subclass of ComputerSystem (which
is a subclass of System).  In most DMTF schema diagrams, you'll see
System used to represent the host machine and ComputerSystem used to
represent the virtual system.

--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center