[Libvirt-cim] KVM on sfcb Test Run Summary for Oct 14 2008

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Oct 16 17:50:24 UTC 2008

>  >
>  >     SettingsDefineCapabilities - 03_forward_errs.py is not a valid
>  > tc of XFAIL, we have
>  >     to fix it.
>
>       The XFAIL of SettingsDefineCapabilities - 03_forward_errs.py is
> because of provider.
>       There is none report with an invalid CreationClassName of AC on
> sfcb when I do wbemcli query as follows:
>
>     wbemcli ain -ac KVM_SettingsDefineCapabilities
> http://root:elm3b217@localhost/root/virt:KVM_invalid.InstanceID="MemoryPool/0"
>

>      And I can get expect output on Pegauses:
>
>     wbemcli ain -ac Xen_SettingsDefineCapabilities
> http://root:elm3b217@localhost/root/virt:INVALID_CCN_KeyName.InstanceID="MemoryPool/0"
>
> *
> * wbemcli: Cim: (4) CIM_ERR_INVALID_PARAMETER:
> INVALID_CCN_KeyName.InstanceID="MemoryPool/0"
> *
>
>    I will add a known provider issue in wiki.
>    Kaitlin - Would you please to fix this?
>    Thanks!

This is a CIMOM issue, not a provider issue.   The reference you are
passing to the CIMOM is not valid.

The CIMOM looks at the classname of the reference to determine which
provider will handle the request.  Both KVM_invalid and
INVALID_CCN_KeyName aren't valid classnames, so the CIMOM doesn't know
which provider to call.

In this case, Pegasus returns an error.  sfcb, however, does not.

--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center
kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com