[Libvirt-cim] Request for all in one instllation page

Deepti B Kalakeri deeptik at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Oct 17 04:56:44 UTC 2008

Kaitlin Rupert wrote:
> Toshifumi Fujimura wrote:
>> I think I've registerd Libvirt-CIM and Libcmputil as CIM Provider.
>>
>> I re-installed Libvirt-CIM package.
>> And I made sure that with Pegasus's command "cimprovider -s -l".
>
> You can check to make sure the providers are properly installed by
> running the following command.  Replace user:pass with the username
> and password of the user that has CIM query rights.
>
> The convention is to use the root user or the pegasus user, but you
> can use any user since you've modified /etc/Pegasus/access.conf to
> allow all users.
>
> wbemcli ein http://user:pass@localhost:5988/root/virt:KVM_ComputerSystem
>
> This should return something like the following:
>
> localhost:5988/root/virt:KVM_ComputerSystem.CreationClassName="KVM_ComputerSystem",Name="demo2"
>

> When you run cimtest, you'll need to run the command as root and pass
> in the root username / password (this will need to be fixed in the
> future).
>
> CIM_NS=root/virt CIM_USER=root CIM_PASS=pass ./runtests libvirt-cim -i
> localhost -d -v KVM
>

>> But following error messages didn't disappear.
>> AllocationCapabilities - 01_enum.py: FAIL
>> ERROR     - Failed to enumerate the class of KVM_AllocationCapabilities
>> ERROR     - Unauthorized
>> ERROR     - Only 0 pools returned, expected at least 4
>> AllocationCapabilities - 02_alloccap_gi_errs.py: FAIL
>> ERROR     - AuthError : Unauthorized
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>  File "./lib/XenKvmLib/const.py", line 116, in do_try
>>  File "02_alloccap_gi_errs.py", line 109, in main
>>    expr_values=exp['invalid_keyvalue'], bug_no="")
>>  File "./lib/XenKvmLib/common_util.py", line 264, in try_getinstance
>>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pywbem/cim_operations.py",
>> line 464, in GetInstance
>>    **params)
>>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pywbem/cim_operations.py",
>> line 181, in imethodcall
>>    verify_callback = self.verify_callback)
>>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pywbem/cim_http.py", line
>> 226, in wbem_request
>>    raise AuthError(response.reason)
>> AuthError: Unauthorized
>> ERROR     - None
>> Would you have any more suggestion of this messages?
>
> This error is because pywbem is unable to authenticate with Pegasus.
> Be sure the following query works (change pass to the proper password):
>
> wbemcli ein http://root:pass@localhost:5988/root/virt:KVM_ComputerSystem
>
> Hope this helps! =)

You can also verify if the required providers are installed by using the
following query:

wbemcli ecn http://root:pass@localhost:5988/root/virt

The above query will report all the providers registered with the
/root/virt namespace.
you can use the same query replacing the above /root/virt with other
namespace like /root/interop to know the providers registered in that
particular namespace.

Regards,
Deepti.