[Libvirt-cim] Request for all in one instllation page

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Oct 16 18:03:00 UTC 2008

Toshifumi Fujimura wrote:
> I think I've registerd Libvirt-CIM and Libcmputil as CIM Provider.
>
> I re-installed Libvirt-CIM package.
> And I made sure that with Pegasus's command "cimprovider -s -l".

You can check to make sure the providers are properly installed by
running the following command.  Replace user:pass with the username and
password of the user that has CIM query rights.

The convention is to use the root user or the pegasus user, but you can
use any user since you've modified /etc/Pegasus/access.conf to allow all
users.

wbemcli ein http://user:pass@localhost:5988/root/virt:KVM_ComputerSystem

This should return something like the following:

localhost:5988/root/virt:KVM_ComputerSystem.CreationClassName="KVM_ComputerSystem",Name="demo2"

When you run cimtest, you'll need to run the command as root and pass in
the root username / password (this will need to be fixed in the future).

CIM_NS=root/virt CIM_USER=root CIM_PASS=pass ./runtests libvirt-cim -i
localhost -d -v KVM

> But following error messages didn't disappear.
> AllocationCapabilities - 01_enum.py: FAIL
> ERROR     - Failed to enumerate the class of KVM_AllocationCapabilities
> ERROR     - Unauthorized
> ERROR     - Only 0 pools returned, expected at least 4
> AllocationCapabilities - 02_alloccap_gi_errs.py: FAIL
> ERROR     - AuthError : Unauthorized
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "./lib/XenKvmLib/const.py", line 116, in do_try
>  File "02_alloccap_gi_errs.py", line 109, in main
>    expr_values=exp['invalid_keyvalue'], bug_no="")
>  File "./lib/XenKvmLib/common_util.py", line 264, in try_getinstance
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pywbem/cim_operations.py", line
> 464, in GetInstance
>    **params)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pywbem/cim_operations.py", line
> 181, in imethodcall
>    verify_callback = self.verify_callback)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pywbem/cim_http.py", line 226,
> in wbem_request
>    raise AuthError(response.reason)
> AuthError: Unauthorized
> ERROR     - None
> Would you have any more suggestion of this messages?

This error is because pywbem is unable to authenticate with Pegasus.  Be
sure the following query works (change pass to the proper password):

wbemcli ein http://root:pass@localhost:5988/root/virt:KVM_ComputerSystem

Hope this helps! =)

--
Kaitlin Rupert