[Libvirt-cim] Request for all in one instllation page

Dan Smith danms at us.ibm.com
Fri Oct 24 13:32:08 UTC 2008

AS> Is this idea is correct?

Certainly an upgrade would be nice.  However, that shouldn't be a
problem here.

AS> If this idea is correct, you need to build from upstream
AS> openpegasus or upgrade CIM Schema to 217 on F10 package.

The "make preinstall" process downloads and installs the 2.16
experimental schema into our namespace (root/virt).  It can coexist
with the outdated pegasus schema just fine.

The messages about a missing superclass likely mean that you don't
have the base schema installed properly.

You might try shutting down pegasus and removing the entire namespace
directory:

  rm -Rf /var/lib/Pegasus/repository/root\#virt/

Then, do your "make preinstall" followed by "make postinstall" and
then start up pegasus.

--
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center