[Libvirt-cim] Postinstall question

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Sep 5 15:45:17 UTC 2008

Szymanski, Lukasz K wrote:
> Hello -
>
> If my sfcb* scripts and binaries (sfcbrepos, sfcbmof, etc.) are in a
> non-traditional location, and I want postinstall to ignore the standard
> path sfcb directories (e.g. /usr/bin) - what is the easiest way for me
> to do that?  Adding the path of the sfcb* files to the normal PATH
> complicates some other things for me and is not an option.  Is there
> another configure option, or environmental variable I can set to
> accomplish this?  I suppose I could hardcode a path like
> MY_PATH/sfcbrepos in the provider_register.sh script, where I define the
> MY_PATH as part of the make call, but I am hoping to avoid that.

Hi Luke,

We don't have any configure options that would achieve this.  Like you
suggest, you could modify the sfcb_install() function of
provider_register.sh so that it points to the proper location.

Or, you could use symlinks so that the executables show up in a standard
location.  This is probably the better option, because then you can grab
a new clone of the tree or a new tarball without having to update
provider_register.sh.

--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center