[Libvirt-cim] Re: KVM on Pegasus Test Run Summary for Sep 10 2008 [ Current Source]

Deepti B Kalakeri deeptik at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Sep 11 11:30:20 UTC 2008

Kaitlin Rupert wrote:
>>> =================================================
>>> FAIL Test Summary:
>>> ComputerSystem - 23_suspend_suspend.py: FAIL
>> The above tc passed when run manually.
>
> Do you know what caused the guest to fail to start?  Does the test
> always fail during bulk run?
>
> It sounds like a guest from a previous test isn't being cleaned up
> properly.  This will need to be fixed.
>
>>> =================================================
>>> XFAIL Test Summary:
>>> ComputerSystem - 32_start_reboot.py: XFAIL
>>> ComputerSystem - 33_suspend_reboot.py: XFAIL
>>> ResourceAllocationFromPool - 05_RAPF_err.py: XFAIL
>> The above RAFP tc is written to verify that RAFP returns appropriate
>> error when a non-existing bridge or networkpool is used in defining a
>> guest.
>> But, the tc now XFAIL's because it returns a valid RAFP record.
>
> This should be a failure and not an XFAIL.  There's no bug number
> associated with the failure, so the logic of try_assoc() is
> incorrectly returning an XFAIL.
Yes it should return FAIL when a bug no is not specified ( implying that
this is a failure and no bug exist against the association being tried.)

>> This is due to the use of the cim_define() in the test case.
>> Before calling the cim_define() we make necessary changes to the XML
>> configuration to reflect the invalid bridge/networkpool name.
>> But when we use the cim_define() function we do not have any means
>> where we can use the invalid networkpool name or bridgename.
>
> cim_define() uses the VSSD and various RASD objects that belong to the
> instance of the VirtCIM class that is created.  Instead of using
> modify_net_name(), the invalid network name should be passed in when
> the instance of VirtCIM is initialized.
Yes, I agree with you that we should make use of the Providers supplied
functions, like DefineSystem() as much possible.
I had tried supplying the networkpoolname/bridgename in the  VirtXML,
and it works fine till then to get an XML which contains invalid
networkpool/bridgename.
But when we call cim_define() we dont make use of the XML generated till
then.
In cim_define() we make use of VSSD, various RASD and I did not find a
relevant field in NetRASD which could be used for supplying the invalid
name info.
Here is the NetRASD fields.
-Caption
-Description
-InstanceID
-ElementName
-ConfigurationName
-ChangeableType
-ResourceType=10
-OtherResourceType
-ResourceSubType
-PoolID
-ConsumerVisibility
-HostResource
-AllocationUnits
-VirtualQuantity
-Reservation
-Limit
-Weight
-AutomaticAllocation
-AutomaticDeallocation
-Parent
-Connection
-Address
-MappingBehavior
-NetworkType
I tried using ElementName, but was not much help.
Can you suggest how or which of the VSSD, RASD fields could be used to
supply the networkpool/birdge name.

Thanks and Regards,
Deepti.