[Libvirt-cim] Re: KVM on Pegasus Test Run Summary for Sep 10 2008 [ Current Source]

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Sep 11 18:04:18 UTC 2008

> Yes, I agree with you that we should make use of the Providers supplied
> functions, like DefineSystem() as much possible.
> I had tried supplying the networkpoolname/bridgename in the  VirtXML,
> and it works fine till then to get an XML which contains invalid
> networkpool/bridgename.
> But when we call cim_define() we dont make use of the XML generated till
> then.
> In cim_define() we make use of VSSD, various RASD and I did not find a
> relevant field in NetRASD which could be used for supplying the invalid
> name info.

> I tried using ElementName, but was not much help.
> Can you suggest how or which of the VSSD, RASD fields could be used to
> supply the networkpool/birdge name.

The get_nasd_class() function takes a network name.  So, the __init__
for the VirtCIM class should take a network name and pass this to the
get_nasd_class() function.

When I replied yesterday, I thought __init__ was already taking the
network name as an argument.  Sorry for the confusion there.

--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center
kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com