[Libvirt-cim] Problem with KVMRedirectionSAP records for KVM.

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Jan 13 18:35:18 UTC 2009

Deepti B Kalakeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the following domains on my machine, each of them have the
> graphics tags in them:
>
> virsh list --all
> Id Name                 State
> ----------------------------------
>  - graphics_domain2     shut off
>  - testdom1             shut off
>

> This symptoms is not seen with Xen, where the xml contains the same UUID.
> I want to know why is this kind of difference in the behaviour and
> whether this is expected.

This looks like a libvirt bug.  The UUID of a guest should be unique -
each guest should have a different one.  If you define an XML with the
UUID of another guest, the guest should be updated.  In this case, a new
guest is defined, which is incorrect behavior.

If you modify your XMLs so that the guest name of each is the same, then
you will only see one guest.

--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center