[Libvirt-cim] Problem with KVMRedirectionSAP records for KVM.

Deepti B Kalakeri deeptik at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jan 15 11:32:08 UTC 2009

Kaitlin Rupert wrote:
> Deepti B Kalakeri wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have the following domains on my machine, each of them have the
>> graphics tags in them:
>>
>> virsh list --all
>> Id Name                 State
>> ----------------------------------
>>  - graphics_domain2     shut off
>>  - testdom1             shut off
>>

>> This symptoms is not seen with Xen, where the xml contains the same
>> UUID.
>> I want to know why is this kind of difference in the behaviour and
>> whether this is expected.
>>

> This looks like a libvirt bug.  The UUID of a guest should be unique -
> each guest should have a different one.  If you define an XML with the
> UUID of another guest, the guest should be updated.  In this case, a
> new guest is defined, which is incorrect behavior.

Ok ! One more thing, When we define a guest using the virsh and
enumerate KVMRedirectionSAP , the lport of the ElementName/Name will
contain the port value in the used in the XML file and the looks
something like 5900: -1 (where 5900 is the port value used in the XML).
But defining the guest using the DefineSystem() returns a value of -1 :
-1 in the ElementName/Name.
The DMTF - 1076 does not specify how the value of ElementName/Name filed
should be. Is this expected behavior ?

--
Thanks and Regards,
Deepti B. Kalakeri