[Libvirt-cim] Problem with KVMRedirectionSAP records for KVM.

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jan 15 22:13:30 UTC 2009

> Ok ! One more thing, When we define a guest using the virsh and
> enumerate KVMRedirectionSAP , the lport of the ElementName/Name will
> contain the port value in the used in the XML file and the looks
> something like 5900: -1 (where 5900 is the port value used in the XML).
> But defining the guest using the DefineSystem() returns a value of -1 :
> -1 in the ElementName/Name.

Are you specifying a value of 5900 in your XML?  Does it look like:

<graphics type='vnc' port='5900' autoport='yes' keymap='en-us'/>

When you define the guest using DefineSystem(), what are you setting the
Address attribute of the GraphicsRASD to?

The Address attribute is in the form of:  Address="127.0.0.1:-1"  The
portion after the : is the port number.  If a value isn't supplied for
the Address, the default is to use -1.
--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center