[Libvirt-cim] 'Parsing error' during make postinstall step of installing libvirt-cim

Deepti B Kalakeri deeptik at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Jan 16 10:19:43 UTC 2009

U Gopalakrishnan wrote:

> > You can verify with the following commands:
>
> > To check the root/virt namespace:
> > wbemcli ecn http://localhost/root/virt:CIM_HostedResourcePool
>
> localhost:5988/root/virt:LXC_HostedResourcePool
> localhost:5988/root/virt:KVM_HostedResourcePool
> localhost:5988/root/virt:Xen_HostedResourcePool
> localhost:5988/root/virt:CIM_HostedStoragePool
>

> > wbemcli ecn http://localhost/root/virt:Xen_HostedResourcePool
> (no output)
>
> > To check the root/cimv2 namespace:
> > wbemcli ecn http://localhost/root/cimv2:CIM_HostedResourcePool
>
> * wbemcli: Cim: (5) CIM_ERR_INVALID_CLASS: CIM_HostedResourcePool
>
> > wbemcli ecn http://localhost/root/cimv2:Xen_HostedResourcePool
>
> * wbemcli: Cim: (5) CIM_ERR_INVALID_CLASS: Xen_HostedResourcePool
>
> > If the class isn't found (should look like the output below), you can
> > try running the following:
>
> > 1) make preuninstall
> > 2) make preinstall
> > 3) Restart the CIMOM
> > 4) make postinstall
>
> > Let us know if the problem persists.
>
> I still get CIM_ERR_INVALID_SUPERCLASS: CIM_HostedResourcePool. The
> completeIn this implementation, that means it cannot be changed.
> Warning: the instance already exists.
> In this implementation, that means it cannot be changed.
> Warning: the instance already exists.
> In this implementation, that means it cannot be changed.
> Warning: the instance already exists.
> In this implementation, that means it cannot be changed.
>
> make postinstall output is attached.
>
> Also the 'wbemcli ecn ..' command gives the same out as shown above
> even after re-running the postinstall.
The postinstall log attached to the mail and the wbemcli ecn command for
the root/cimv2 namespace imply that you do not have the
CIM_HostedResourcePool registered, and hence you are seeing the above
error messages and also in the postinstall o/p.

> > Also, let us know which CIMOM you
> > are using. I tested with Pegasus 2.7.2-2 on an Fedora 10 system.
>
> I am running on Pegasus 2.8.0-1 on RHEL 5.2 system.

I tried doing a make postinstall today on RHEL5.2 and faced the same
problem. The make preinstall steps did not seem to eliminate the
problem  for me as well.