[Libvirt-cim] 'Parsing error' during make postinstall step of installing libvirt-cim

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Jan 16 18:57:42 UTC 2009

>  > If the class isn't found (should look like the output below), you can
>  > try running the following:
>
>  > 1) make preuninstall
>  > 2) make preinstall
>  > 3) Restart the CIMOM
>  > 4) make postinstall
>
>  > Let us know if the problem persists.
>
> I still get CIM_ERR_INVALID_SUPERCLASS: CIM_HostedResourcePool. The
> complete
> make postinstall output is attached.
>
> Also the 'wbemcli ecn ..' command gives the same out as shown above even
> after re-running the postinstall.
>
>  > Also, let us know which CIMOM you
>  > are using. I tested with Pegasus 2.7.2-2 on an Fedora 10 system.
>
> I am running on Pegasus 2.8.0-1 on RHEL 5.2 system.

Is your root/cimv2 namespace populated?  I'm guessing that
CIM_HostedResourcePool is not added to the root/cimv2 namespace during
the make preinstall because CIM_SystemComponent is not there.

You can check to see if the root/cimv2 namespace is populated by doing
the following:

/var/lib/Pegasus/repository/root#cimv2/classes

You should see a number of classes there.  CIM_SystemComponent should be
present there as well.

I uninstalled Pegasus on my RHEL 5.2 system, removed the repository, and
then reinstalled Pegasus.  The tog-pegasus-2.7.0-1.el5 rpm populates
root/cimv2.

My guess is your Pegasus install isn't populating the root/cimv2
namespace.
--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center