[Libvirt-cim] 'Parsing error' during make postinstall step of installing libvirt-cim

U Gopalakrishnan ugopalak at in.ibm.com
Mon Jan 19 04:36:04 UTC 2009

> You can check to see if the root/cimv2 namespace is populated by doing
> the following:

> /var/lib/Pegasus/repository/root#cimv2/classes

> You should see a number of classes there.  CIM_SystemComponent should be

> present there as well.

I checked by Pegasus installation root/cimv2 is populated and
CIM_SystemComponent class is also present.
Here is the output.

# ls /var/lib/Pegasus/repository/root#cimv2/classes |grep
CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_AccountOnSystem.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_ApplicationSystemSoftwareFeature.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_ASBGPEndpoints.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_ComponentCS.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_Confederation.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_ContainedDomain.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_FilterEntryInSystem.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_FilterListInSystem.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_HostedFileSystem.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_HostedStoragePool.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_InstalledOS.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_J2eeApplicationModule.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_J2eeServerInDomain.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_PolicyContainerInPolicyContainer.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_PolicyRepositoryInPolicyRepository.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_ResourceOfSystem.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_RoutersInAS.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_SystemBIOS.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_SystemComponent.CIM_Component
CIM_SystemDevice.CIM_SystemComponent
#

I dont see CIM_HostedResourcePool in root/cimv2. But do see it in
root/virt namespace.

# ls /var/lib/Pegasus/repository/root#virt/classes |grep
CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_AccountOnSystem.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_ApplicationSystemSoftwareFeature.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_ASBGPEndpoints.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_ComponentCS.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_Confederation.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_ContainedDomain.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_FilterEntryInSystem.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_FilterListInSystem.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_HostedFileSystem.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_HostedResourcePool.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_InstalledOS.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_J2eeApplicationModule.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_J2eeServerInDomain.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_PolicyContainerInPolicyContainer.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_PolicyRepositoryInPolicyRepository.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_ResourceOfSystem.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_RoutersInAS.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_SystemBIOS.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_SystemComponent.CIM_Component
CIM_SystemDevice.CIM_SystemComponent