[Libvirt-cim] Difference in the value assigned to port field for Xen, KVM, LXC

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Jan 27 17:31:17 UTC 2009

> Nopes this is not LXC only issue. I am seeing different problems for
> different virt types.
>
> For Xen & LXC:
> Though the virsh shows the guest as running the EnabledState value for
> Xen and LXC guest is still set to 3 instead of setting a value of 6.

I wouldn't worry about LXC for now.

> For Xen:
> I am not able to create a guest of desired port num for Graphics
> information.
> And the KVMRedirectionSAP's ElementName/Name is set to -1.

-1 isn't a valid port, so when the guest is created, the VNC won't
listen on -1.  So you won't see the EnabledState as 6.

What XML are you using to define your Xen guest?  I was about to define
a guest with a port:

localhost:5988/root/virt:Xen_KVMRedirectionSAP.CreationClassName="Xen_KVMRedirectionSAP",Name="5900:0",SystemCreationClassName="Xen_ComputerSystem",SystemName="rstest_domain"

I have a RHEL 5.2 with an older version of libvirt - I can't seem to
define a Xen guest with a specific port number.  But when the guest is
started, an appropriate port is assigned.

It might worth trying with an updated version of libvirt.  Either way,
this behavior is with libvirt itself, not something within the provider.

>> Steps to define an LXC guest with vnc graphics console:
>>
>> 1) Open file and define XML with the following:
>>

> With what command did you execute the above XML.

wbemexec (Pegasus) or wbemcat (sfcb)

--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center