[Libvirt-cim] Test Run Summary (Jan 19 2009): KVM on Fedora release 9.90.1 (Rawhide) with sfcb

Tyrel Datwyler tyreld at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 3 05:39:08 UTC 2009

Christopher Buccella/Poughkeepsie/IBM wrote on 02/17/2009 12:52:40 PM:

> > This is probably caused by different versions of CMPI headers.
> > In sfcb's source code, enableIndications is defined in cmpift.h as:
> > CMPIStatus (*enableIndications) (CMPIIndicationMI * mi,
> > const CMPIContext *);
> > The provider took what is defined in the system headers
> > (/usr/include/cmpi/cmpift.h from sblim-cmpi-devel-1.0.4) as:
> > void (*enableIndications)
> > (CMPIIndicationMI* mi, const CMPIContext *);

> > Libvirt-cim doesn't require a code change here, the return type used in
> > the provider depends on what the system level CMPI headers provide.
> > Let's blame me as a guinea pig using the non-stable SUSE beta/rc build.
> >

> sfcb's CMPI headers were updated to CMPI 2.0 independently of the
> cmpi-devel headers.  We don't really like maintaining our own set of
> headers though, and plan to use the cmpi-devel ones once the
> differences between the two sets are ironed out.

This is fixed at the CMPI 1.0 level in sblim-cmpi-devel 1.0.6 which was
released today. CMPI 2.0 headers were also released today, and are
available in the sblim-cmpi-devel 2.0.0 package. As far as when the distros
will pick up either of these releases I'm unsure, aside from RHEL 6.0 which
should be picking up the new 2.0 headers.

Regards,

Tyrel Datwyler

Linux Software Engineer
eServer Systems Management
IBM Systems and Technology Group
Email: tyreld at us.ibm.com
External: (503) 578-3489,  T/L: 775-3489