[Libvirt-cim] Re: Test Run Summary (Nov 17 2009): KVM on Fedora release 12 (Constantine) with Pegasus

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Nov 19 21:57:26 UTC 2009

Deepti B Kalakeri wrote:

>> Test Run Summary (Nov 17 2009): KVM on Fedora release 12 (Constantine)
>> with Pegasus
>> Distro: Fedora release 12 (Constantine)
>> Kernel: 2.6.31.5-127.fc12.x86_64
>> libvirt: 0.7.1
>> Hypervisor: QEMU 0.11.0
>> CIMOM: Pegasus 2.9.0
>> Libvirt-cim revision: 1009
>> Libvirt-cim changeset: 33a6a50f64e0
>> Cimtest revision: 794
>> Cimtest changeset: c7561bf61126
>> Total test execution: Unknown
>> FAIL      : 4
>> XFAIL     : 4
>> SKIP      : 11
>> PASS      : 156
>> -----------------
>> Total     : 175
>> FAIL Test Summary:
>> ElementAllocatedFromPool - 01_forward.py: FAIL
>> ResourceAllocationFromPool - 01_forward.py: FAIL
>> ResourceAllocationFromPool - 02_reverse.py: FAIL
> There were two diskpool cimtest-diskpool and default on the machine
> accessing the same /var/lib/libvirt/images pool path.
> Libvirt-CIM was returning association information containing default
> diskpool information than cimtest-diskpool information.
> Hence the tests failed. When I removed the default pool on the machine
> and ran the test all of them passed.
> I think libvirt should give an error when two pools are being created
> with the same path or should  Libvirt-CIM handle this?

Were both pools active?  And they were both "dir" type pools, right?

I could see libvirt allowing two pools to represent the same path if
only one of those pools is active at a given time. But if both are
active, it seems redundant and potentially confusing.

I can bring this up on the libvirt list.

--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center
kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com