[Libvirt-cim] [TEST] Unable to run cimtest on qemu kvm setup

Deepak Shetty deepakcs at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Dec 2 04:50:38 UTC 2011

On 12/02/2011 04:41 AM, Sharad Mishra wrote:
> Most likely you are missing pywbem. I am attaching a tar file. After
> untaring, run "python setup.py build" and "python setup.py install"
> Also make sure you have PyXML installed.
>
> (See attached file: pywbem-0.7.0.tar.gz)

I already have pywbem installed, see the dpkg listing i posted below.
I had spoken with Eduardo on this, and did some debug with him, it seems
the pyXML package has been deprecated since 2009 ( found from launchpad.net)
and ubuntu does not support and/or maintain it. Many of the google
results tell me
that one needs to use the core python xml bindings instead of pyXML
which is
not  a maintained project hence discontinued.  Eduardo was helping make
changes to use libxml2 instead of pyXML .