[Libvirt-cim] cimtest errors

Chip Vincent cvincent at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Nov 2 00:36:44 UTC 2011

FYI -

It's getting close to creating a new release and I'd like to get
libvirt-cim and cimtest in sync. With the latest upstream libvirt-cim
and cimtest, I'm seeing the follow unexpected[1] errors in cimtest:

VirtualSystemManagementService - 09_procrasd_persist.py: FAIL
ERROR   - Got CIM error CIM_ERR_FAILED: ResourceSettings Error:
VirtualDevice property must be unique for each
DiskResourceAllocationSettingData in a single guest with return code 1
ERROR   - Unable to define procrasd_persist_dom
InvokeMethod(DefineSystem): CIM_ERR_FAILED: ResourceSettings Error:
VirtualDevice property must be unique for each
DiskResourceAllocationSettingData in a single guest
VirtualSystemManagementService - 11_define_memrasdunits.py: FAIL
ERROR   - Got CIM error CIM_ERR_FAILED: ResourceSettings Error:
VirtualDevice property must be unique for each
DiskResourceAllocationSettingData in a single guest with return code 1
ERROR   - DefineSystem with (KiloBytes) units failed
InvokeMethod(DefineSystem): CIM_ERR_FAILED: ResourceSettings Error:
VirtualDevice property must be unique for each
DiskResourceAllocationSettingData in a single guest
VirtualSystemSnapshotService - 03_create_snapshot.py: FAIL
ERROR   - Exception: CreateSnapshot failed to return a CIM job inst
ERROR   - Failed to remove snapshot file for snapshot_vm

A very quick peek at the code shows this message occurs when one tries
to add a disk device
with the same names as one that already exists. This is a no-no in cim.
I'll dig into the root cause tomorrow and provide an update.

[1] - I see several other typical errors that are either known issues or
side-effects of a non-pristine system. Sadly, cimtest considers the
default RHEL 6.1+ config not pristine and falsely fails due
to some pre-configured pools. I plan to address this soon.
--

Chip Vincent
Open Virtualization
cvincent at linux.vnet.ibm.com