[libvirt-users] using virDomainMigrateSetMaxDowntime

Igor Serebryany igor47 at moomers.org
Fri Dec 17 08:34:02 UTC 2010

I would like to use the virDomainMigrateSetMaxDowntime but I'm a bit
confused about how to use it.

If I try to set the downtime before I call domain.migrate(), I get the
error "domain is not being migrated". But I cannot call it afterwards
because domain.migrate() does not return until the migration has
completed.

Am I meant to put the call to domain.migrate() into a separate thread of
control, and then call SetMaxDowntime from my main thread after the
migration has begun? How do I even know if the migration has begun?

Thanks!
--Igor