[libvirt-users] using virDomainMigrateSetMaxDowntime

Osier Yang jyang at redhat.com
Mon Dec 20 01:48:21 UTC 2010

于 2010年12月17日 16:34, Igor Serebryany 写道:
> I would like to use the virDomainMigrateSetMaxDowntime but I'm a bit
> confused about how to use it.
>
> If I try to set the downtime before I call domain.migrate(), I get the
> error "domain is not being migrated". But I cannot call it afterwards
> because domain.migrate() does not return until the migration has
> completed.

the API is intended to prevent the migration from lasting forever if
the memory of source domain is dirtying so quickly that QEMU does
not have time todo the final completion switchover, but not to
guarantee the migration will be finished more quickly.

so yes, domain.migration will not return till it's finished.

- Osier