[libvirt-users] private DNS servers & dnsmasq

Quint Van Deman qvandeman at emergent360.com
Tue Dec 21 15:18:04 UTC 2010

Hello--

I'm trying to work through the last piece of the puzzle regarding dns
resolution for my guests.
To do so I'd like to be able to pass the following to the dnsmasq child
process:

-S /private.net/127.0.0.1 (as referenced in the dnsmasq man page)
-S /sub.private.net/127.0.0.1

However, I cannot find any documentation that suggests the xml schema
defining the virtual network supports this option.
Is there a way of doing this?

The ability to pass a '-q' (log queries) would be nice too for debugging
purposes.

My DNS setup is all working properly (as confirmed with dig & server
overrides throughout the environment), but resolv.conf based resolution
isn't able to find servers for either of those two domains (dnsmasq is
trying to resolve them via an upstream server, which obviously fails).

Thanks for any advice.

-Quint